HELPLINE | 888.788.NAIDW(6243) Sign up for email updates Tooltip youtube Google + Pinterest linkedin

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the NAIDW forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm new here, sent by a sympathetic friend.

I'm new here, sent by a sympathetic friend. 01 Aug 2016 02:01 #1439

• WhiteOut562
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am new as well. My work injries are not the same as yours so I cant really give advice. But I was thinking that when we, as new members, ask for advice should we put state we are in (?). From what Ive googled like crazy in the past 7 years the state laws vary greatly.
Im in California..Worker Comp here...UGH!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm new here, sent by a sympathetic friend. 08 Apr 2016 06:29 #1428

• veedubya
  • veedubya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
*FCE not FSE

I'm new here, sent by a sympathetic friend. 08 Apr 2016 06:20 #1427

• veedubya
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
P.S. The injury is head, neck and back, primarily. I've had chiropractic, heat, ice, electric stimulation, ultrasound, SI injections, greater trochanter injections, strength training, traction, manual therapy, physical therapy (to give some perspective). STILL have pain & limited range of motion.

I'm new here, sent by a sympathetic friend. 08 Apr 2016 06:16 #1426

• veedubya
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Not great at "public speaking," so forgive my brevity and lack of manners if I jump right in and ask for advice. Injured at work 3 years ago by a coworker's stupidity. Got substandard diagnoses and treatment. Pain/issues worsened. Started the drawn out process of notifying employer and getting approval to get treatment. Their insurance company held me off for ONE SOLID YEAR (probably hoping I'd go away). Finally got authorization to see orthopedist of their choice 7 months ago, been going to PT for 5 months. No improvement. They have tried absolutely everything on me. Last visit with ortho doc he suspended PT for one month, I am to have FSE or some kind of two hour exam to determine my physical limitations. My question is two-fold: What can I expect at that appointment and then what happens after that? I have a follow up visit with doc in a month and a hearing after that (continued from previous date).

Long story short, although I am still at my job (which I love, by the way), I have a minor restriction and the injury has definitely affected my life adversely. How in the world is MMI determined, I mean, no one can crawl inside my body and feel the pain that I experience every day. I am in tears some days. Others I manage to get through but I'm exhausted. It's affecting my relationship with my husband, if you know what I mean. I am to appear at the hearing with my lawyer, but I doubt I'll get through speaking without bawling my eyes out. I'm a mess.

I don't even really know what I'm asking. If someone can shed some light on anything I've already said, please do. Or if I need to clarify, just let me know and I'll do my best. Thanks so much for reading this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: siteadmin, manager, jowood

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Contact | How Can We HELP?

NAIDW: 43912 N. 50th Ln Phoenix, AZ 85087

Telephone: 888.788.NAIDW(6243)

Fax: 623.455.8678

Email: info@naidw.org

Contact Form: Can We HELP?

Cron Job Starts