HELPLINE | 888.788.NAIDW(6243) Sign up for email updates Tooltip youtube Google + Pinterest linkedin

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the NAIDW forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Your Experience on day of Settlement

Your Experience on day of Settlement 29 Jan 2016 13:51 #1383

• siteadmin
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 52
Dont give up on the SSDI most people get denied first try. Myself i was denied 3 time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NAIDW Site-Admin

Your Experience on day of Settlement 29 Jan 2016 09:43 #1382

• Erra landng
  • Erra landng's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks again for the great advice. Unfortunately, I tried to apply for SSDI a few months ago when my TD benefits had expired but got denied (SSDI, that is). From my recent communication with my lawyer, now, that my next settlement crt hearing scheduled early Feb. next month, that I wanted (SS) permanent disability included with the settlement so I could get on Medicare later on. However, he said, that it would cost workmanscomp about $5,000. In short, it looks like it's not that easy to get it approved. :( Suggestion, insights from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks for reading! :)

Your Experience on day of Settlement 16 Oct 2015 21:50 #1335

• siteadmin
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 52
We can help you find a lawyer if you fill out the free case evaluation form in the resource center above.

NAIDW Site-Admin

Your Experience on day of Settlement 16 Oct 2015 20:43 #1334

• Erra landng
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! I just joined the group. I am still learning my way to navigate the site as well as all the information provided here will always be beneficial to anyone not only to injured workers.

On another note, I really need a good lawyer (CA) and time is of the essence...private message if possible for any leads, would very much be appreciated. Thanks! everyone in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: siteadmin

Your Experience on day of Settlement 16 Oct 2015 12:55 #1333

• manager
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
This will be a decision that only you and your lawyer will be able to determine. Just do what you think is right for you and what you feel in your gut. Be sure to get additional support in our work comp group above in the groups tab.

naidw.org/groups?sort=mostactive
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erra landng

NAIDW Site Manager

Your Experience on day of Settlement 16 Oct 2015 01:16 #1332

• Erra landng
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow! Thanks so much for the very quick response. Not exactly sure what med ical set aside vs. the open medical. I guess, I'll have to check on the SSI website for infos...not looking forward to the day of settlement :( Doing my best to go online for whatever info. I can gather....anyway, I appreciate the your kind suggestion. Thanks again!

Your Experience on day of Settlement 16 Oct 2015 01:05 #1331

• webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Our experience tell us that all cases and settlement offers vary. Be sure to get you future medical. If on SSDI I suggest to get your medical set aside rather then having open medical.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erra landng

Your Experience on day of Settlement 16 Oct 2015 00:41 #1330

• Erra landng
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings! Everyone. I have just signed up and am interested to hear about anyone's experience preparing on the day of their workmanscomp settlement. Today is the last day (as set forth by workmanscomp insurance) to settle my case, or else...I would go to trial. This is the time, I wish I have a family member to accompany me on the day of settlement. I must admit, I am quite nervous...At the same time, I would like to use this experience, this journey in the future to maybe create some sort of an advocate program for those injured worker(s) especially, living alone or away from family such as myself who may need assistance with accompanying them on the day of their settlement, appt. follow-ups, organizing, etc. I have been a one-person-think-it-all/do-it-all for the last two years; still with an injured right wrist (cyst, bones still swollen), cervical radiculopathy, right swollen collar bone from the right shoulder cuff tear injury in 2013; also, a lump on left foot toe (from a closed case), and recent excruciating hip pain, I have managed to get around, drive to doctor appointments, while struggle on minimal daily activities. Somehow, I am surviving but a personal advocate who could accompany you on important decision events would be awesome, one that's more than a caregiver.

It would be nice to hear your success stories as well as the not so happy ones and hope to use this vehicle, that in sharing your stories, and in unity, there's always hope to get our health back more normal than we thought possible. Thanks for taking the time to read. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: manager, webmaster

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Contact | How Can We HELP?

NAIDW: 43912 N. 50th Ln Phoenix, AZ 85087

Telephone: 888.788.NAIDW(6243)

Fax: 623.455.8678

Email: info@naidw.org

Contact Form: Can We HELP?

Cron Job Starts