HELPLINE | 888.788.NAIDW(6243) Sign up for email updates Tooltip youtube Google + Pinterest linkedin

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the NAIDW forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello

Re: Hello 12 Nov 2014 15:44 #1254

• WilliamHen
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
hello! i hope it's too late to welcome you! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Hello 27 Aug 2014 17:17 #1234

• manager
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
Hello and welcome to the family! Be sure to check out the groups and forums above and send friend requests to other members.

NAIDW Site Manager

Hello 26 Aug 2014 20:24 #1233

• mfoley82
  • mfoley82's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I nearly broke my back in three places over two years ago. The road to recovery has been grueling for me. The injuries i sustained are not repairable by surgery. My L5/S1 and C3 are merely cracked into my central nerve. I have pains doing mostly everything i use to do. Not only do i have pains. But i have feelings of discs and muscles doing they're own thing and cramping my mobility. I have cut things out of my diet like sugars or certain wheat's. I take vitamins and drink water to try and restart my immune system. I have had to take UVB photo-chemo therapy for a psoriasis like condition that has developed after my initial injury. My doctor has told me i am to young for arthritis. My fingers and elbows still feel numb at times. So I've got a lot going on. I always worked my entire life. Even in highschool i was in a job program so i can afford basic things as a youth. Now that i can no longer financially sustain anything i have earned in my life. I am back at zero again. I can no longer wait for my body to heal. I cannot do what i use to do and what i was trained to do in the labor pool. So i have gone back to school in something less grunt oriented. College courses online has helped me take my mind off the fact i cannot get around like i used to. I feel brave enough to grab my cane and try to go for a walk again today. Doing so can result in all sorts of pain and discomfort though. I have been terrified that i would be seen as damaged goods by employers. I do not want to have to be going through this. I was stubborn to think it was a minor injury and that i had to tough it out and just go back to work once it heals. It hasn't healed yet. So that is a summary of how i got here. I am thankful that there is an organization like this available. Also. I have my OSHA 30.
The following user(s) said Thank You: manager

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Contact | How Can We HELP?

NAIDW: 43912 N. 50th Ln Phoenix, AZ 85087

Telephone: 888.788.NAIDW(6243)

Fax: 623.455.8678

Email: info@naidw.org

Contact Form: Can We HELP?

Cron Job Starts