HELPLINE | 888.788.NAIDW(6243) Sign up for email updates Tooltip youtube Google + Pinterest linkedin

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Medicare Part D

Medicare Part D Today 00:01 #1479

• Ccncomm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
What meds are they. Have you had your doc file a pre authorization?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Medicare Part D 22 Dec 2017 20:25 #1467

• ecapco1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've been taking pain meds for 8 years, and now medicare won't pay for them?

Medicare Part D 28 Nov 2013 05:15 #1083

• rodman
  • rodman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
:huh: I have a question but I need to give you some background. When Part D first started I was with an insurance company sponsored by AARP. When I enrolled the benefits read that I had prescription drug coverage. Therefore I assumed I would be enrolled in Part D. I was wrong, the drug coverage was just part of the benefit package. So for two years I never got any notification that I had not enrolled in Part D. When I did get notified I was told that I would have to pay Part D premiums for the two years as a penalty. I appealed this decision and lost. Therefore I once again assumed they would be taking the amount out of my SSDI check until it was paid.. That was many years ago, I found out that they would be adding that penalty to my Medicare Advantage plan that I had now with a different company.

So, I received a letter from my new insurance company (we have had them for a number of years) with my new premium amount and it was higher as expected, however it was $6.20 more on top of the increase. The letter stated something about a penalty for Part D.

When I called them I was told that the $6.20 penalty would be charged to me for LIFE no matter what insurance company I went with.

As you can imagine I was more than a little irritated.

Has anyone else experienced this??? Has anyone had to pay a penalty for not enrolling in Part D on time??? I find it hard to believe that I should have to pay this additional amount for the rest of my life. I will be calling SS on Monday.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Vern
The following user(s) said Thank You: siteadmin

Wishing you that one pain free moment

Vern
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Contact | How Can We HELP?

NAIDW: 43912 N. 50th Ln Phoenix, AZ 85087

Telephone: 888.788.NAIDW(6243)

Fax: 623.455.8678

Email: info@naidw.org

Contact Form: Can We HELP?