NAIDW.org Community rules:
This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at www.NAIDW.org. Please read it and become familiar with it as its terms are retroactive and agreed upon by team and group members.
1. Forum rules
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community. Localised support is available at the international support sites.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([IMG][/IMG]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "Getting an TABLE FULL error upon login", "Cannot restore a backup", etc.
10. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering any services unless members contact you! Recruiting members for your own projects (moderators, designers, professional MOD work, etc.) is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
11. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. Please note that currently any very first post is automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
12. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KiB (6144 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed. Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
- Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
- No more than 120 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 12KiB (12288 Bytes) in filesize. Remote avatars must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
- NAIDW no longer provides a general forum or other solution for users to promote or show off their sites. Consistent with Rules 1k, 5b and 5c users may not promote or show off their sites through their own posts. Such posting constitutes spam and may lead to a warning. Users or other persons wishing to advertise at www.NAIDW.org should read our advertisement information.
- NAIDW operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While NAIDW may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
DO NOT SEND SUPPORT REQUESTS OR SOLICITE ANY MEMBERS VIA PM, unless expressly invited to do so. Using PM to actively solicit work is not allowed. Post, in accord with the rules in the correct forum. Abuse of the PM system in this way can lead to your membership being removed.
- Only one account per person is permitted.
- When registering, a valid email address has to be used. Disposable email addresses are not permitted. If found, we will remove the account in question.
- NAIDW is about people, domain names in forum/login names are not allowed.
- Keep all posts on-topic.
- Do not astroturf or pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and so is subject to US law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
- Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarise the problem briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. ;read this or you will be arrested;). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". A good subject might be, "Foo crashes when I do bar". Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- Include as much information as you can when seeking help. This may include logs and command line output. Nobody will be able to help you if you don't give sufficient detail.
- No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming. What is spamming? Read this.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
- Do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
- No affiliate links to be posted, anywhere on our forum.
- Must be setup in your Profile (user Control Panel) , and not manually added to your messages.
- May NOT contain any images.
- May not contain any pricing, sales, product etc. details.
- May contain a maximum of two smilies. Or one animated smiley.
- May include two clickable links. URL's or mailto: - No duplicate links
- Only exact URLs allowed ie not LOOK HERE - No tinyurls, affiliate links etc either, only exact, literal URLs
- May include two colors. Hyperlink color is set by the forum and is not counted as a color.
- Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
- Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
- May not contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self promotion
- Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
- Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our members, or our staff, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
At all times:
- Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- When recommending an extension or other product to help a user solve their issue, you must disclose any affiliations you may have with the company or group that authors that particular product. This includes, but is not limited to: any paid or non-paid relationships past or present, receiving any promotional products or services, or any other similar information.
- Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM - NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.
- This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement for custom development or to be a 'wall of shame'. Any posts deemed to be of this nature will be removed. Settle your disputes in private please.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the ‘report this post’ link to notify the moderators.
- These forums are centered on NAIDW a platform for injured & disabled workers to share information and resources, a humanitarian and educational organization. They are not a place to promote ideological, religious, or political matters. All such discussions will be deleted/closed.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time. Please fee;l free to contact us toll-free at 888.788.NAIDW(6243) or email at email@example.com